(9) Mannequin Arms

 Sarah and I went to the woods. I just got home from dropping her off at her apartment as I type this, and Sarah texted me two pictures. Someone was following us as we were heading into the woods. Someone wearing a black hoodie and light pants. I can't make out any other details from these photos, but...



It could definitely have something to do with what happened. But it also matches the description of the figure I saw at the vigil. Either way, I'm being followed and I don't like it.

Anyways, when we got into the woods, there was a surplus of flies. Something smelled rotten. We headed deeper in, and found the site of the corpses. The grass seemed to have rotted, which is weird, it was a weird dark brown color. It smelled really bad. We heard something scrape against a tree and that definitely made us not want to stick around, but we did anyways. We went to the area with the tree I'd seen earlier, and there was pieces of skin scraped against the splintered wood. Fresh. Bloody.

A few feet away, Sarah found a black plastic bag and carefully opened it so as to not leave any fingerprints or hair. When she did so, a ton of flies flew out and swarmed her. It looked really fucking gross, and the smell was even worse. Sarah was clearly holding back from puking, and I went over to look in the bag, trying to hold my breath I believe. It was full of rotten, bloody meat with maggots and flies crawling all over it. I pushed the bag away from us while stumbling back, and Sarah told me she saw something deeper in the woods. She looked fucking terrified

She led me to where she saw something and we stayed there for a little. It was really quiet. And then we heard teeth grinding

And then we saw a man slowly walking towards us. A man matching the description of Andrew Orion. But. That thing could not have been human. His skin looked bloody, burnt, and raw, and he was missing half of his left arm. His right arm was that of a mannequin for the most part. His face was. So fucked up. I can't describe it at all. So i drew it. Keep in mind, NONE OF THIS is exaggeration. If I had thought to bring a camera -- which I will next time -- it would look almost exactly like this.


Sarah and I were frozen in place for a moment as he lurched towards us, and I started running. Sarah didn't, but I'd grabbed her and forced her to run anyways. She looked scared out of her mind, a thousand yard stare on her face. We made it back to the car and drove to the nearest fast food place, the Subway that Lily works at, and sat in the parking lot for a few moments to process what the hell had happened. Sarah wanted to go into the subway so we did, and I bought her some food as payment for the near-death situation I'd gotten her in. And Lily was working there too. Lily and Sarah are friends. After hanging out there a bit, we left and I dropped Sarah off at her apartment. She doesn't live alone, she lives with her boyfriend, so it wasn't like I was leaving her all alone.

And... Now that I think about it, the hooded figure, I think... I may have seen them outside the subway as we got there.
And I didn't even notice.


Comments

Post a Comment